Rear RS3-II placement

jjputz

I finally got sub today and will try to get it all hooked up.

could someone clue me in on the "proper" placement of the RS3-II?

- I mean the the "ideal" placement - I probably won't be able to put them their but it would give me an idea were to start. Like how far apart should they be and how high?

I have a Log home and the ceiling is made out of logs and knotty pine stained and shellaced - so i was thinking of hanging them with the speakers pointing toward the floor, would that be alright?

I have and open floor plan and the walls are about 30 ft apart and that seems to far, And then I'd have to center my T.V. in the middle of the room

- now it's offset in the corner. I would appreciate your thoughts- thanks

16.gif

rear surrounds should be about 5-7' above floor...on side walls pointing out.... equal distance from centerline of TV.....Just behind or main listening position...

I would not point them down...as the sound plane would not be optimum for listeners...and well you may not hear them well wnough to get good audio effects from movies..

Well that looks good but on one side I have a wall to hang the speaker on on the other side I don't. Could I buy somthing to hang the speaker from the ceiling? or a very tall speaker stand? If I try to center my T.V. more - how far can the rs3-II be from the couch - would 15 ft be to far?6.gif

I have one of my RS3IIs on a 5 1/2 ft tall cabinet that I bought just for that purpose. I store cds and DVDs inside the cabinet. On the other side of the room I have shelving which is where the other sits. Another option is to hang it from the ceiling. As long as you space them properly and have them between 5 and 7 ft high you should be OK.

Here is a the floor plan of my living dining room area

The cabenet is a good idea if I can find one that looks good from the back also. I see that the speakers should be around 7 feet high but how far to the left and right should they be? I'm wondering if I could "get away with" centering my TV in the room and hanging them from the walls - but that would be about 15 feet from the listening area. unless I hung them from the ceiling

(anybody know of somthing I could buy for this?).

I was thinking about buying a small cabinent for behind the coach for the Rear center RC3-II - again how far back should the rear channel be and how High?

I really appreciate the help.

3.gif

post-14303-13819252326122_thumb.jpg

Ceiling fan hanging rods.....

Install box in ceiling....run speaker wire to it and down a ceiling fan down rod....and on bottom get a pipe flange base....the ones used to support handrails with 4 screw holes...then ya can either screw into top of speaker or get some other sort of bracket doohickey to mount speaker from pole......I would do both speakers the same to look good...and then keep them about 7-8 ft above ground and angle down slightly...

HTH

Or build new room for HT hehehehe

Well that might be the way to go I'm not to bad at wood working - and the place I work has lathes, bandsaws everything I need to make a wood ceiling holder for the speakers - I could even stain and shellac it to match the ceiling woodwork. however, I still would like to know

how far apart the RS3-II should be, it looks like we've reached a consensus that they should be 5 to 7 ft high but how far apart should they be?

And what's the proper placement of the Rear center channel - I was going to take a stab at about 6 ft high and 6 ft back.

I guess I'm being lazy but I thought someone my have saw some specs somewere or know of a link.

I know the speakers who's name we dare not speak has specs. I was hoping klipsch may have "in the perfect world" specs for placement. Just somthing to give me an area to shoot at.

2.gif