rc-25 or rc-35 with rf-15 fronts

Klipsch Kansan

I'm trying to decide on the rc-25 or the rc-35. The drivers in the 25 match the rf-15's, but the larger cabinet of the 15's affects the bass extension. If had a pair of Klipsch bookshelf speakers (not necessarily the larger ones with 8" drivers) the obvious choice to me would be the rc-25. I think the 15's are great BTW. I compared to the rf-25's. They have more bass but I felt it crept into the midrange a little too much for my taste. Just my take. I can see how some people may enjoy this "fuller" sound. I'm using an M&K sub for the low lows, so all I needed was some tight tuneful upperbass to roll off to the sub. So I got the 15's. Well, long story short. I have moved too far away from my Klipsch dealer to compare speakers anymore. It seems logical to me that the rc-35 would be a better match for the 15's even though Klipsch has the rc-25 as the matching center. I just worry that the sound of the rc-35 will have the "fuller" sound that the rf-25s possess. I wonder if the difference between the rf-15 and the rf-25 is the same as it is with the rc-25 and rc-35. Is anyone in the same boat with me on this? Any help would be much appreciated.

I have the same opinion on the rf-15 vs the 25. The 25 did have more bass, but I liked the crisp sound of the 15. Bass in my set-up is supported by the monster rw-12, so I decided crisp, clean rf -5's were the best bet. Never heard the rf-35, but no matter the WAF came into play there, I was lucky to get anything on the floor! Anyhow I went with the RC-25 because Klipsch pairs it with the 15's and the rcr-3's I use for surrounds. They also recommend it with the rf-25. They pair the rc-35 with the big boy rf-35's. The rc-25 sounds great with my set-up! 3.gif

I have RF15's with RW12 sub and RC-25 and to me, they sound great together. I'd thought about getting the RC35 just so I could get the larger horn, but in the end, I found the price of the RC25 more appealing than the increase in quality of the RC35. The RC25 matches very well and I would highly recomend this match.

I WOULD GO FOR RF35 BECAUSE THIS IS AN INVESTMENT AND YOU WILL NOT SECOND GUESS THIS DECISION.THE RF35 HAVE GREAT SOUND AND DEPTH

MY HOME THEATER:

HITACHI 51" WIDE SCREEN

YAMAHA RXV3300

FRONTS-RF7

FRONT CENTER-RC7

REARS-RF7

REAR CENTER-RF7

WIRING-ALL SPEAKERS MONSTER CABLE Z2

POWER CENTER-MONSTER POWER 5100

DVD-MITSUBISHI

XBOX

VIDEO AND AUDIO CABLES-MONSTER CABLE THX