Power switch on 'Auto' does not power on

rumbleq

I have KSW-12 and the power switch is set to 'auto'. However it never kicks on automatically when it is receiving a signal, and the light turns to red. If I set the power switch to 'on' the power light turns to green and the sub kicks in.

Any advice on how to configure my set up to get the 'Auto' functionality to work?

I have set my receiver to send all LFE to the sub.

I am running an 8 meter cable to the sub, could the length of the cable be causing too much resistance for the sub to detect the signal to power on?

Also what are the disadvantages of leaving the power switch set to 'on'?

Thanks for any response.

Is your receiver sending just LFE to the sub, or is it sending all bass (or at least more than the LFE) to the sub? If you are using 5.1 to test, and sending just LFE, there often isn't much content in the LFE channel. It's possible that the sub isn't seeing any action. Can you try sending all bass to the sub, even from your main speakers, to see if it fires up?

Doug

Thanks alot dogudrake2 and buylow for the quick response. I am going to give each suggestion a try.

I have a Yamaha rx-v800 receiver and will attempt to send all of the bass to the sub. I know that I am sending the LFE there but not exactly sure if I am sending all of the bass there.

Will let you know how it turns out.

I too have this problem only with my KSW200. If I set it to auto, I have to turn the receiver volume up to the pin to get it to 'greenlight'. Once green, it seems to stay on unless there is a particularly long 'low-talking' sequence in which case it returns to red until i crank up the volume to the pin again. Now I just leave it on the whole time, 24x7.

I followed both suggestions and the auto power on seemed to work better but still was not as responsive as I would have liked.

So I did one more thing ... I was using a single line connection to the subwoofer input and changed to using Y adapter cable and am now using the dual input connection. Now it appears to be more responsive to kicking in at moderate bass signals.

Thanks to all for your replies

oh yea that'll do it & w/ the ksw it should also give u some louder output. w/ my velo using the Y to both L&R line ins produces no increase in output, but does increase the responsiveness of the auto turn-on.

------------------

Klipsch KLF 30 (front), KLF C-7, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub woofer

Monsterbass 400 sub interconnect & Monster CX-2 biwire & Z-12 cable

Marantz SR-8000 receiver

Sony DVP-C650D 5-disk cd/dvd player

Sony Trinitron 27" stereo tv

Toshiba hi-fi stereo vcr

Technics dual cassette deck

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

Boa's Listenin Lounge:

Klipsch RF-3 (front), RC-3, cheap little Technics (rear)

Monster MCX Biwires

Sony STR-DE935 a/v receiver

Kenwood KR-9600 AM/FM stereo receiver (vintage 1975)

Russound AB-2 receiver switch to RF-3

Teac PD-D1200 5-disk cd changer

Technics SL-1950 turntable/AT LS500 cartridge

Sega Genesis game player

Sub: None yet

rock on!