Got Sub....Prioritizing Remaining Needs...HELP?

DillonW

After much deep deliberation, penny pinching, review reviewing, board browsing, stat studying and head hammering. I finally bought my Sub, the Velodyne CT-150. It was simply the best of what I had available to see, touch and hear first hand (Small town in the middle of nowhere). I ended up spending $512 for it which seemed like a decent price to me (feel free to tell me if you know where I could have bought it for less). It is primarily for movie use.

So what should be next? I still need front effects, and a rear center.

If the front effects would be most additive, I'm still left wondering what to get. Yes, I love the Heresey idea, but their size alone eliminates the option. So what else? The RS-3s or RS-7s, or would I be better served with another option? Wall mounting is a must.

If the rear center is the better option, should I move my KLF-C7 to the back, and add the RC-7 to the front? Or given the rest of my configuration would another KLF-C7 be the better choice?

Any opinions would be appriciated.

------------------

Thanks,

Bill Dillon

Mains: LaScalas

Center: KLF C7

Front Effects: None Yet

Rears: Chorus IIs

Rear Center: None Yet

Sub: Velodyne CT150

Receiver: Yamaha RX-V3000

DVD: Sony 560D

TV: Toshiba 61" 61H70

LaScalas up front, Chorus IIs at rear.

------------------

Thanks,

Bill Dillon

I bought the Chorus IIs when I was stationed at RAF Lakenheath (USAF- in England) about seven years ago. At the time I was absolutly blown away by a pair of LaScalas, but didn't have the budget or space for them at the time. I took the Chorus IIs instead, and never regeted it. I was never dissatisfied with them and completely forgot about the LaScalas, until I started building a surround system. The memory of their demo, and the feeling in my chest as the music hit me in a way I had never felt before, or since. I began a crusade to find a good used pair and funny enough, a set was posted on Yahoo classifieds for $1000 and only an 8 hour drive away!! Needless to say I went that weekend an brought them home! It has lit a Klipsch fire under me! Now I want LaScalas behind me as well! Don't get me wrong, I love my Chorus IIs, but the feel of the music played by the LaScalas really moves me like nothing else! I don't dare listen to those Khorns!

------------------

Thanks,

Bill Dillon

DillonW:

The KLF-C7 as rear center and an RC-7 as front center would be a good combo with the La Scala's. While training last fall, Yamaha used RS-3's as front effects speakers with RF-3's and an RC-3 front and RS-3's on the rear. It sounded great and really widened the front stage. RS-7's would work well as front effects with your La Scala's if you choose to go that route.

PhilH