RC-35 date of manufacture

lo123

This is my first post to the forum and I have really learned a lot reading from everyones experiences and advice over the last several months. My 1972 Allied (made by Pioneer) 55 Watt receiver finally lost one channel last year and I've made the leap into all of this new technology. Love my RF-35s, but now have a question about my new RC-35.

Late last fall there were several posts about RC-35s which had various quality issues. Bought one this weekend and just noticed the (unopened) box is stamped August 2003 and I'm reluctant to open it up, maybe better to swap for newer stock in a couple days or a week.... Was this the timeframe when the questionable units were also made? Since I have no idea how this speaker should sound I am leaning toward just swapping it out unopened. Anyone have any data points on production of this model in the August 2003 timeframe versus the run of questionable units?

From what I recall, there was no specific time frame identified for the problem RC-35s that some people purchased. I was lucky enough to get a good one. I do recall that Whadyasay initially had one (as well as some others) so maybe you will get some specific responses. In the absence of any dates, I would open up the box and fire it up. From what people have said, it will be readily apparent whether or not you have a problem. Likely, if you hear distorted sound, you have a bad one. Good luck.

--------------------

Samsung TXN3245FP,Harmon Kardon AVR 7200,Denon DVD-2900,

RF3II,RC3II,RS35,RC35,KLF-C7,SVS 20-39PCi,SVS PB2-ISD

Yamaha RX-V1300,Onkyo SKS-HT500,Axiom QS-8,HSU VTF-2

Wound up swapping the August unit unopened for a 26 Nov unit. Have not noticed anything unusual about the speaker except that it takes some experimenting with the various surround sound options to get something that sounds "right". I'm running a Denon 1804 with Klipsch RF-35 mains, but have not yet connected RS-35 surrounds and no sub yet, either. So, I'm experimenting with 5-channel stereo and various other tape and DVD sound options. But no obvious defects in the RC-35 like the posts from last fall.

Anyone have a clue why my system profile does not show up in a post?