Look What's on Top of Me Now!

fini

Picky,

Yes, the town I live in (Rohnert Park) is right next to Cotati. What's your wife's cousin's business? BTW, my Dad was born in Detroit (1922). He lived on Dwyer Street, if that rings a bell. He moved out west after WWII.

Hey, fini, since I am about fifty miles South of San Francisco, I thought you might like to know that my weather station recorded 2.6" of rain yesterday... the barometer is rising... and the forecast in our micro-climate is "sunny." And, m00n, I want you to know the weather station is a genuine "Oregon Scientific" unit as in the "official" time piece that gets a radio beam from the "atomic clock." The dozen plus yurts we have sprinkled around the forest came from Oregon too... Pacific Yurts to be exact.

While we have gotten a fair amount of water, the hardest rain fall was only at the rate of 0.86 inches/hour and with very little wind. We had prepared for the storm by felling a number of suspect trees... but the intencity of the storm in the Santa Cruz Mountains was much less than anticipated.

Just check it out for yourself, fini, on the web site under the "About" choice and then click on "SkyCam". =HornEd

fini:

Geez! Small world, aint it? Yes, I do know Rhonert Park. That is where we always catch the bus to SF airport when we are one our way back from our visits to Santa Rosa. My wife's cousin and her husband own Hines Signs in Cotati. They are right on the corner of Old Redwood Highway and Henry Street in an old 1920's filling station. Sorry, I don't know Dwyer street (Detroit's a huge city). I was born in Detroit, too. I'm 52. 27 years ago, I lived out near Reno, Nevada for about 7 years in a little town called Fallon. That's were my wife and I met. She's a country girl from Nevada. I got to know the west very well and boy, do I miss the mountains! The bay area is gorgious, too....or should I say "fabulous?" 9.gif Anywho, you live in a very beautiful part of this country my friend. Hope that wind has died-down for you by now. Happy trails! -Picky 2.gif

picky,

Yes, weather's beautiful today! We're going to go hiking in Sugarloaf State Park tomorrow, checking out the waterfall. Ain't no Yosemite, but it's close.

Hines Signs, yes! He's been there for years! What, probably 20? My wife's folks used to own the grocery store on the corner. I think it's Redwood Market now. Back then, it was Lombardi's Market. Small world, indeed!

fini:

Wow! you certainly do know the place well. Al & Carla opened the sign shop back in the early 1980's. They've rented the building the entire time as the owner always wanted too much for the property. It's a shame, too because that little service station is a very cool-looking, quaint building with a good location. They live up in Santa Rosa. They are wonderful people. My wife and I have been at the shop many times.

I'm not sure if I remember the market you speak of, but I do know of a much larger super market in Cotati just around the corner from the shop that may be the best supermarket I have ever been in. I collect hot sauces as one of my other hobbies and that supermarket has the largest collection I have seen in a market! Normally, I come home from there with 8 to 10 new bottles that I have yet to find elsewhere. There is also the Whole Foods Store in Sebastipol that has a limited but unique selection of hot sauces (expensive!). They are across the street from the parking lot that the open market is held in by the farmers. One can find really fresh produce there in that open market.

That entire area that you live in is a sightseers delight. I have shot an enormous amount of film and digital movie footage all along there and up and down the coast. It's too bad they closed Nick's Cove! Know the place? It was one of our favorite places to have a burger and beer or some oysters.

-Picky 2.gif