CF-3 and KLF-20 for Cornwalls. Good Deal?

texas42

I had a pair of CF4 for several years, and wound up selling them so I could by a pair of 1974 vintage La Scalas (similar in midrange and tweeter to your Cornwalls.) I liked the La Scalas a lot more than the CF4. Much more realistic sounding in with voices, inparticular, plus a lot more dynamic. On paper, the sensitivity and efficiency of the CF3 and KLF are not that much lower than the Cornwall, but trust me - if you've grown accustomed to the dynamics of the Cornwalls, both the Epic series and the KLF series will lack a lot of "jump" factor, unless you put a *LOT* more power into them. Even then...

What is it about your current speakers that is missing? I own KLF 20s and the matching C7 center and they are very good speakers but they are not as good as what you have. My best friend use to have La Scalas and I can not get their Heritage sound out of my mind. That is why I am getting 2004 La Scalas.

I have not heard the center you are talking about but if you want come up to Austin and listen to mine and you will know if the sound is right. I should have the Cayin TA 30 by the first week of March so I would have the same amp and I have a NAD C540 Cd player. Weekends are better for me just send me an email.

Xman

After a bit of reflection, reading the replies (and a stern look from my wife), I think I'll keep the Cornwalls as my main speakers, but still work out a deal for the CF-3s and KLF-20s. Possibly involving my subwoofer and a pair of near mint Heresys I have laying around. I've heard the CF-3s really image well but they are obviously a strong departure from the heritage sound (as are the RF-7s I assume). Thanks to all who responded!

Regards,

Dave

----------------

On 2/27/2004 5:52:37 PM Georg F. Handel wrote:

Where can i buy these CF-3's?

----------------

George,

From me, I was able to work out another deal and get these without giving up my Cornwalls. I haven't had a chance to audition them yet though. PM or email me if you are interested. I'm in San Antonio, TX.