Chorus I+subwoofer or rf-3II or rf-35

Hi all,

I've been a klipsch fan for years and owned several products(my first klipsch were kg4s and they are still in my office system). I currently have a pair of chorus I and I like them very much except for the limited bass extension(I bought them about 5 years ago, I wanted some forte IIs but the deal I got on the chorus couldn't be beat $300). Now that I have finished my residency I have some more disposable income and would like to upgrade a little. Yes I would like some klipshorns but don't have the cash. I recently looked at some LaScala's but the cabinets weren't in great shape and they had poor wife acceptance factor

OK my question is this. Would I be better off adding a sub to my chorus or switching to something like rf-3/35s. I dont have the cash for rf-7s just yet.

If you like the subwoofer route any ideas on subs would be appreciated, I have heard a rw-12 and friend has a hsu vtf-3 which sounds great

Thanks all

Current system

Chorus I

NAD c370

NAD c521bee

Office system

Kg4s

Yamaha AVC-30 integrated

sony cdp-ce375 cd changer

The Reference series will sound very different for you than the Chorus do. If you haven't heard them, you need to before you can really decide which way to go. I have Chorus Is, with an SVS sub, and I would not trade them for Reference (and the Ref are great speakers).