I can FRY an Egg with this Sub

I recently purchased (June 28, 2001) a Promedia 4.1 system here in Toronto through Kromer Radio. After about two hours of listening at half its max volume i noticed that the sub got extremely hot (i couldn't touch it) and the sound from the speakers deteriorated substantially (pops and bzzz's).

i've been reading the forum topics and that there is a problem with the hearsink of the sub. Is mine defective?

How can i get it replaced if it is a defective unit?

No, renegade. If noise starts to appear, then the amp is broken. Call 1-800-KLIPSCH (I think that's the number)

------------------

"What's that noise?" "It's the carpet, it kinda mutes the speakers." "No, it sounded more like the chandalier falling."

Amps to get hot but shouldnt buzzz.

I left my Pros on Blasting, in a hot Warehouse about a month ago.. The back of the Sub almost burnt my hand when I touched it.

But there was not buzzing.

I think He has a defective sub/amp

------------------

Living Room:

Yamaha Natural Sound A-500 Stereo Amplifier

2 Klipsch Heresys on A switch

2 Fisher STV-873 on B switch

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

that's right, the promedia i got were indeed defective and i just got it replaced a couple of days ago.

the 4.1's are very punchy and the power is much appreciated but i'm annoyed with the static that happens once in a while when the volume is set more than 12'. i was expecting more in terms of clarity also.