need some advice

morrima

I'm looking to replace an MBQuart D1200Si that got fried in a recent electrical storm (12" sub, Frequency Response: 25Hz-200Hz, Sensitivity: n/adB, Power Range: 185Watts, Crossover Frequency: 40Hz - 180Hz var). I was thinking about the RW-12 as a replacement but there don't seem to be any authorized dealers in my area.

So... does anyone have any thoughts on using this sub as a replacement... and can anyone suggest a reputable online dealer that sells the RW12 at a decent price?

The closest authorized dealers I could find in relation to chatanooga tn are: AMPLIFIED AUDIO

593 PIKE HILL RD.

MC MINNVILLE, TN 37110

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

PHONE: 931689108

FAX: 931-668-3911

www.tncities.com/busines/amplified

SOUND AND CINEMA

11770 HAYNES BRIDGE ROAD

ALPHARETTA, GA 30004

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

PHONE: 770-751-7818

www.soundandcinema.com

NOW!AUDIO VIDEO

8416 KINGSTON PIKE

KNOXVILLE, TN 37919

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

PHONE: 423-693-4168

FAX: 423-694-9116

www.nowaudiovideo.com

well my stuff's getting a little old now but...

Yamaha RXV-795, MBQuart 4" Hybrid Dipole Surround Speakers, MBQuart Domain 40 7.5" Bookshelf Speakers & a MBQuart Domain CTR Stage 6.5" Center Channel Speaker. And the components... Philips DVD763SA SACD DVD Player, JVC HR-S5911U SVHS VCR, Digital Cable Box, and a Sony PS-LX250H Fully-Automatic Turntable.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I went with the RW-12 and love the sub! But I'd just like include a quick comment on the dealer locator section of the website. It suggests that:

AMPLIFIED AUDIO

593 PIKE HILL RD.

MC MINNVILLE, TN 37110

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

PHONE: 931689108

FAX: 931-668-3911

www.tncities.com/busines/amplified

is the closest rep to Chattanooga, TN 37411 at a distance of 55 miles. Well I live right beside the interstate and from the moment I merged on I 24 to the moment I pulled into their store parking lot (taking the shortest route from both Yahoo & MapQuest... though I admit that I didn't take the time to check the mileage) I clocked 86 miles. Now I'm willing to live with a 10-15 mile discrepancy but 31 miles is insane! I could have driven down to Atlanta, GA at only 88 miles away and saved another 4.5% in sales tax!

So my advice to everyone is don't put any faith in the dealer locator section of the web site... map it out for yourself!