Heresy II???????

RAPTORMAN

Heresy II for center channel. You guys think there would be a difference in the audio if it is standing upright or lying down??? Somebody once told me that Heresy II were made as floor standing so don't put them on their side. This applies to all floor standing speakers. TRUE OR FALSE??

Raptorman

Raptor

It depends on the speaker. Some floor standing speakers can be run on there side and some cant. All can be run upside down and makes a lot of sence to put the tweeter and squawker at ear levil.

The Heresy 2 for example uses a K76 tweeter and a K53 squawker. Both of these horns can be run on there side.

The result will be a more narrow dispersion pattern from the K53, but in some cases this is more desirable.

JM

i am going to use a heresy2 between my cornwalls in the living room.

i am going to have to find a way to fit it between a mantle and a flat-panel or lcd rptv(like the sony 42" grand vvega)

if the 42" g vv picture is o.k. being elevated(viewing angle)it is about 14 1/2"deep, the heresy2 is about 14"deep, so that should work out great.

i will probably have a custom cabinet/mantle/fireplace built,trying not to elevate the tv too much,leaving room for the heresy between the mantle and base of the tv, so it makes sense for me to lay it on its side.

maybe i can persuade klipsch to build my heresy w/vertical horns3.gif9.gif

avman.