RC7 Question

Kraveen

Posted this on the other board but this one is more active

I just bought a RC7 to go with my RF7's. It sounds like there is a bit hiss in it when there is talking are RC7's known to have a issue also.

The other thing that botherd me was the screw terminals i had to take the back plate off and tighten the screw terminals down.

I love the sound of Klipsch but i have had a run of bad luck with the speakers i have had 2 bad RC35's out of the box and a Bad RF35 that had an issue with the crossover. Is Klipsch's quaility control getting really Bad or is it just me.

My first question is at what volume is the his audible?

Quality control, uhmmm.

This has been a concern for myself as more and more stuff is being assembled from afar. Perhaps you experience was the result of being built someone who should have been in school and not working in a factory.

The quality control seems a bit lacking on center channels recently. The terminals should not require tightening on a new speaker.

The hiss may be from your source components. The RC-7 merely reproduces what is input. Most receivers produce some hiss due to the digital processors running in the same box as the amp section. Digital processing tends to produce hiss. The hiss is usually audible until you get up to the level of a flagship receiver.

Try running one of the RF-7s on the center channel signal. If the hiss is there, then your equipment is producing the hiss. If the RF does not reproduce the hiss, get a replacement RC-7.

Bill