Here's a little tip

wheelman

Here is a little tip i come across messing around. Do any of you guys have your sofa up against the wall? Well if you do because of space reasons like me. Try and pull it out about six inches or five. The sub now will hit you harder when your sitting on the couch. Just thought if anybody was in the same situation it could help. It really made my sub hit harder. I am not sure if it's just my room but it is better for me.

I re-organized my room a month or so ago and pulled the coach a couple feet from the wall. I had to turn my sub down as I picked up quite a bit more bass. Thought it was just being closer to the sub, but maybe there is more to it than that!

When i moved my couch i swear just like five or so inches not that much. I can feel it hit me in the back. Kind of like one of those pumping car stereo setups. This is with music. I put in a movie and it kind of gives you that feeling you get when your falling or that drop from a roller coaster not as great of an effect but still pretty neat. Kind of like the floor just dropped out from underneath you for just a split second.

Like a lot of people, most of us have rooms that are rarely close to acoustically ideal. Have you ever played a test tone and walked around the room with an spl meter? If you have tried this, you will find that you have room nodes where your bass response is really peaky, and also some where you have very little ( almost non-existant )bass. You can often see a difference of + - 10 db. If you want to feel the low bass, go stand in a corner of the room. You would not believe how much difference there is just in the difference of a few feet.

If you want to see what acoustical control can do for you, just read the " artto's klipschorn room " thread in the archetectural section of the forum, and also the thread on m00n's theater. I would certainly like to experience someday what art's klipschorns and belle center can do in a room tailored specifically for them.

Mike i know what you mean. I don't have one of those gadgets but i can feel it alot more on the side of the room of the sub. Especially have a regtangle of a room the other half hardly gets bass so you have to crank it and when your on the other side of the room it is bass crazy. But by moving the couch i felt it more sitting in the couch. By the way Mike do you like the tragecally hip.

If you want to " feel " more bass, without the higher spl levels, consider purchasing a few tactile transducers, like the Aura bass shaker ( I have 4 of the 50 watt versions ) or the clark synthesis tactile transducer. Screw a couple to the bottom of your couch, buy an integrated amp, or an amplifier with a gain control, split the LFE out from your receiver with a Y and set the levels by feel. You want to feel a seemless transition from speaker to couch (or chair), without feeling that the couch is actually what is moving you. It just adds a whole new experience. Just wait until your friends cone over to watch an action flick and the first explosion rocks the couch. They will almost freak, especially if they are jumpy!

I seen them for sale in smart home catalog. I wonder how well they worked. They sound cool. Yeah i got all the hip myself. I prefer the older stuff their losing their bluesy edge. I was listening to so hard done by the other day and just couldn't believe how good it was and how long it's been since i heard it. So i am listening to fully completely now and everyone i got.

I would look at Parts Express for them if you are looking to purchase some, as they puchased pallet loads and are blowing them out at real low prices. The 50 watt versions are # 299-028 and are selling for $ 24.88 U.S. each. You can't get much cheaper than this. I ordered two more this spring from parts express, as well as some crossovers and woofers for a friend. I had them shipped to the border, which is about an hour drive from here, and drove to pick them up. You should have seen the Canada Customs officer scratching his head, wondering why I would buy all this stuff for my own personal use. He figured that I ran a business and was importing stuff, so I had to convince him that audio is my hobby.

They will require seperate amplification, and yes, you could screw them under your floorboads. BUT! They will not provide the same effect, as they would in essence be trying to vibrate the entire floor structure. This would be not very effective at all.

A division of the Eminence speaker co. ( guitammer ) produces a product called the Buttkicker2. This is a device that requires massive amounts of power to run it properly 400w minimum! to 1500w. Cost?! Dunno, afraid to ask. And the cost of an amplifier to run it no less. However, the Aura Ast-2b-4 pro shakers pack a big whallop in a small package, and for $ 24.88 u.s. each, they are relatively cheap compared to many other things. You could purchase 8 for $ 200, then all you need is an amplifier. You don't need anything fancy to power them, a used integrated amplifier is good enough. They are 4 ohms, so you have to wire 2 in series to achieve an 8 ohm load. With 8, you could wire pairs in series, and then parallel 2 pairs to get 2 4 ohm loads. Assuming you have a decent integrated amp, the load presented would not be a problem. With 8 shakers, at 50 watts each, you would achieve a 240 lb shaking force. Even at half that, there is a huge force shaking you.

I highly recommend trying a few bass shakers just as an experiment. I mean whats $ 50 bucks, especially if you already have a spare amp. ( some people spend thousands on speaker wire and interconnects ) I'm sure if you are not happy, you could break even by reselling them on e-bay or to a friend.

I will defentely consider as one of my many upgrades i need like a power conditioner and a good quality speaker selector box. Summer will be here soon and My deck speaker are out of order with my new harman. I could always go with the multi room function it has. But i would have to buy another amp for that. I seen some adcom speaker selectors for like 35 dollars on ebay. I am not sure which power conditioner to get i have a crummy rca one for satellite from radio shack. It did make My tv a little better.