Heritage dealer in Chicago suburbs

MarkBK

Hay all

Ken is with Simply Stero now. Rod is the owner and the guy you will have to talk to if you want to buy the k-horns. I use to frequent the store and have found some good deals on used Heresys and the Cornwalls that I have now. To bad there is not much in they way of great amps to demo them K-horns on . I think they are hooked up to an adcom amp no tubes what so ever. But the guys there are great though and willing to work with you.

----------------

On 3/10/2004 8:58:09 PM hightone wrote:

Hay all

Ken is with Simply Stero now. Rod is the owner and the guy you will have to talk to if you want to buy the k-horns. I use to frequent the store and have found some good deals on used Heresys and the Cornwalls that I have now. To bad there is not much in they way of great amps to demo them K-horns on . I think they are hooked up to an adcom amp no tubes what so ever. But the guys there are great though and willing to work with you.

----------------

I didn't have much time to look at the electronics - I am planning a return visit to spend more time to see what lines are carried.

3.gif

I had them play the Khorns through a Denon solid state receiver (don't recall which model) since I have an ss receiver at home. I took along two versions of Miles Davis "Kind of Blue", the original CD and the SACD version. Both versions sounded great through the Khorns, but the SACD versioin sounded noticably richer and "warmer". The sales rep was very suprised by the improved sound quality of the SACD version. I also threw a Frank Zappa cd in to see how the Khorns would handle the detailed and vaired instrumentation of FZ, it sounded like the band was playing right in the room with us!

When I asked about price, Ron said something about a "recent price increase" from Klipsch, and quoted me $7,500 a pair.

I did some "A-B" testing between the RF7's and the Khorns using the same amplifier; in my opinion the Khorns are the hands down winners. The RF7's are an excellent speaker but the "big open sound" of the Khorns made them my personal favorite...

I am going to check out other Klipsch dealers in the area to see what they know about this "recent price increase".....

These guys were great to deal with, I must have spent an hour or so in the store Saturday, they let me play around to my hearts content. A great way to spend a Saturday afternoon if you are in the Schaumburg area!

"Thanks for the heads up on the K-horns. I live about two and a half hours from the Chicago burbs and have been looking for a place to hear the mighty K-horns. I'm in no danger of buying a new pair due to persistent poverty, but knowing that heritage is on display within a days drive is a welcome piece of info.

Nick."

Careful there Nick, like Andy says stormy waters lie ahead!2.gif

I was an auto mechanic and went in to buy a pair of Cornwalls for $800/Pr, I walked out with a sales reciept for Klipschorns for $800 ea!!!!!6.gif6.gif

Best thing I ever bought. Since then, we've been through at least ten brand new cars and a bunch more used ones but the Khorns still shine like new!!!1.gif1.gif1.gif

Rick

• Like 1

• 19 years later...

I remember buying my Heresy II from Hifi Hutch back in 1987. I never would go into debt so i used layaway. Every friday i would go into Hifi Hutch and pay something towards my balance. Kenny knew to expect to see me every Friday until i had a zero balance. Those Heresy’s are still playing strong to this day, 2023. Way to go Paul. What a trip down memory lane

• Like 3