Static when adjusting volume, help?

duhnick

I've had my speakers for about 9 months. And for the past month my 4.1's have been giving me very annoying static when ever I adjust the volume. This doesn't happen when I adjust the sub or surround, just the volume. It's VERY annoying because I adjust the volume all the time. At first I thought i might be dust at the connections for some reason, but I used some canned air to blow off the connections with no improvement. Does anyone know why this would be happening? Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Yo man. I have the same problem too. I have the speakers for about 8mths now. I think dust did go into the control pod and blowing air into it wont work. What I did was I took the control pod off. You do know how to do that right? Dissassemle everything...removing the screws. You will see the transistors and where the rubber knobs are. Get alchohol-rubbing isopropyl alcohol and a q-tip. Clean around the knobs and turn them as you are doing this. Of course unplug before you try. It worked for me. Smile.gif Need more clarification? IM me.

Hey

Seems this happens to quite a few people on this board (don't forget that the majority of people on this board come to this board because they have problems, not everyone that owns Pros).

You'll find very detailed information and advice from the Techs on this subject if you just use the search link at the top and search the forum for "Speaker Static" or something like that.

Hope this helps.

Sam

------------------

Klipsch Rules.

ProMedia Tech Support #

1-888-554-5665

promediatech@klipsch.com

• 1 month later...

quote:

Originally posted by pltac99:

Yo man. I have the same problem too. I have the speakers for about 8mths now. I think dust did go into the control pod and blowing air into it wont work. What I did was I took the control pod off. You do know how to do that right? Dissassemle everything...removing the screws. You will see the transistors and where the rubber knobs are. Get alchohol-rubbing isopropyl alcohol and a q-tip. Clean around the knobs and turn them as you are doing this. Of course unplug before you try. It worked for me.
Smile.gif
Need more clarification? IM me.

Im having the same problem and Ive done what you have done and the problem persists. Im getting quite disgusted! Searching for more help now. :-(

Your control pod is faulty. you can get a new one for free if it is under one year old from Amy. just email her and tell her you want to get a new Control pod becvause your v2.400 is faulty. Or, you can pay $50 and get a new control pod that has a headphone output, on/standby switch, and an input for like an MP3 player. It is worth it to me to pay $50 bucks for all teh extras. the cp-1 is what is found on the new 4.1 system.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free: 1-888-554-5665

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

The first wave of control pods used lower quality parts,this is what causes the Volume pot to go bad after just a few months.

The problem is not dust,the contacts get used fast and grind.Turn down,up and down and up and down and down and up and up and up and down...you get the picture.

Most users like to abuse(use OFTEN)the volume control like me and end up with these problems.

The contol pod(preamp)should have a much better quality volume control,the volume is often changed,the bass level and fader only in some cases.

TheEAR(s) Now theears