RC-7 or RC-35

My brother in law in Germany wants me to check on which of the above 2 center speakers will work with his speaker system.

He currently has both the Chorus and the Heresy. Will either or both of the RC-7 or RC-35 work with BOTH the Chorus & Heresy?

Thanks for the help!!!

I believe neither of those two will blend in with the Chorus or the Heresy. They are of different design orientation, generation, and use entirely different components.

Are his speakers the Heresy/Chorus I or II? The Chorus II / Heresy II actually did have a dedicated centre called the Academy, which has long been discontinued... and now sells for elevated prices on Ebay.

Given the current availability, I believe using an additional Heresy placed upside down over the TV as a centre is probably his best option. There are several members here (including myself) doing this. Another option is building a custom unit using the Heresy/Chorus components, but in the typical low and wide format. Search for custom centres in "Odds and Mods" forum and you'll understand what I mean.

Later...

Rob

I use an RC 3 II with a set of La Scala's. Ideally you want to at least stay within the same system line. For example keep Heritage with Heritage and Reference with Reference, this will produce the best timbre match. That being said the RC 7 will work and there will be some timbre mismatch but I have not noticed it enough to make me run out get a Heritage for my center channel yet. I am going to do that in the long run but my RC 3 II is dong a nice job until I can afford to. If he has the option of getting a Heritage for his center I would recommend that by all means but if one is not easily obtained then I would say use the RC 7. Horn Ed will take this recommendation on if he reads it and he would be correct in doing so but sometimes you have to make do.