Connecting a 5.1 to a Game Theatre XP?

Gluegun

Hello, I have a theoretical question or four...

Lets say, that, theoretically, I have a set of Klipsch ProMedia 5.1's, as well as a Hercules Game Theatre XP.

Lets also say that I have the demo version of WinDVD 3.0, and that I will buy the full one when it comes out.

Lets ALSO say that I have a lot of dolby digital and DTS dvd's, as well as games that use EAX and A3D.

So, uh, out of curiosity, how would I, theoretically, connect the Klipsch ProMedia 5.1's to the Game Theatre XP, in order to get Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS, Dolby ProLogic in games (Unreal Tournament) and older DVD's, as well as 4.1 EAX, and 2X Stereo (front and back speakers playing the same thing?)

Would I have to, theoretically, go out to Radio Shack and buy some little random piece of connection cable?

What would my settings be to do all of these things?

------------------

"Feh."

uh, that's a good question. I'm ording the Game Theater in a week or so too. I thought you'd just plug the speakers into the sound card and the sound card will do the rest...

------------------

Sex is like pizza, when it's good, it's really good. When it's bad, it's still pretty good.

umm im using the game theater xp now but since the 5.1s haven't come out yet and i dont know what connections are there iw ouldn't know how to ocnnect them. right now tho i have my v2 400s rear and front analogs attached to the rear and front outputs of the game theater xp and my center channel i have ocnneted to a set of promedia 2.1s wit the subwoofer channel left out. the thing with the game theater is if the subwoofer is going to have its own line for the 5.1s i dunno if the subwoofer will even be in use when just playing songs. for me the subwoofer output on the game theater doesn't output any sound unless im on 6 speaker 5.1 for dvds. hope this helps alil