SETTINGS?

vandec54

Well, there is a few things that we need to start with. First the crossover frequency. As you have RF3II's for main speakers, you need to decide if you are goung to set up the receiver to front speakers = small or large. As the mains are quite capable, I would suggest trying large.

The crossover on the sub should be set to roughly an octave higher than what the main speakers are capable of. The published lower limit is 37hz, but that is going to be dependant on the room as well. I would suggest to start with the crosover set to 60-70hz. The gain control should be set to the minimum, and then slowly increased until the subwoofer is noticable, and then turn it down slightly, so that the subwoofer blends well and extends the bass response, without exaggerating the midbass.

The phase control is switchable 0 - 180 degrees. Play a bass heavy cd, and switch while playing. Leave it at the loudest setting, and you are done. Without some sort of test equipment, like an spl meter, this is about as good as you get. One other note - the LFE input bypasses the crossover in the subwoofer amplifier. If you are using this input, then the bass management ( crossover freq's ) is handled by your receiver.

depends on how the reciever is set, room acoustics, and personal taste. I have a denon 2800 and rf3's in front. I stared out with the sub volume set a little less than halfway and the crossover set to 70hz. I vary it a little bit dependind on the recording, but it stays there most of the time.