Jazz on vinyl

jhawk92

Ok, all you folks with vast amounts of jazz knowledge, feel free to chime in. I have been sorting through articles I saved from various audio mags, and came across reviews of two "new" jazz artists, Jacintha and Karrin Allyson. The albums that were reviewed were Jacintha's third album, Lush Life, and Allyson's Ballads: Remembering John Coltrane. Are these worth checking out? Thanks.

I have copies of a couple of previous album from Jacintha --one called "Autumm Leaves" and another is a tribute to Ben Webster that Teddy Edwards (RIP) gave me (he plays tenor on these sessions). She can sing and the band is great, but other than the GREAT Teddy Edwards this one leaves me cold. No efffing soul WHATSOEVER from the singer. But Teddy is great!

Thats all I know. Sorry.

Alan-

Thanks for your input. The reviewer had good things to say about her other two albums, which you mentioned. Pretty cool that you got the tribute album from Teddy. Bet that will stay in the collection for a while. Too bad the singer isn't into the music. I may pass on these then.