KSW 15 + SVS PB2 PLUS

RAPTORMAN

At the time I had a question for a second subwoofer I haven't decided yet on what I wanted for a second one.

I considered a Velodyne ULD-15--but this did not materialize. Instead I decided to get a SVS PB2 PLUS. From what i have read this monster should make me happy9.gif . Now I am worried that my present subwoofer (KSW-15) would be a useless part of my HT. I don't want this to happen. I want the 2 sub to compliment each other. How should I set up my HT, so my KSW-15 does not end up on EBAY????? My gears are ONKYO 701, KLIPSCHORN FOR MAIN, HERESY ALL AROUND--ROOM SIZE APPROXIMATELY 18 X 18 FEET. No corner spot for the sub. The Khorns got the two corner, the rigth back corner has a fireplace, and the left back corner is a door 8.gif

You may be attached to you KSW, but it really doesn't need to be there. I'm sorry to have to break the news to you, but I'd sell it. The PB2 will out-power the KSW with both SPL and much cleaner bass... and the KSW will bottom out before you reach the PB2's potential.

As for placement, there is no "magic" position... although the corners will produce the greatest SPL, but not necessarily the flattest in-room response. You should try experimenting with the placement ideally using test tones and a SPL meter, but you can try it by ear as well. The old trick of putting the sub in your seated position and moving yourself / meter around the room to find the best spot is a valid technique. Then you simply flip yourself and the sub positions.

Good luck...

Rob

PS: Khorns and Heresys ... 4.gif nice...