Loud hiss from my speakers...

Nick67

You know how when you turn speakers up really loud and you're not playing any music or anything, no sound is coming out of them, but they just hiss really loud. Well that's what mine are doing, only I have the volume barely turned up.

If I have music or a game blasting through them sometimes you can hear the hiss over the music.

Is there any settings I can mess around with to stop this? I have a soundblaster 5.1 platinum. Could the plugs be in the wrong holes in the soundcard? I have the green plug in the green "line out" socket, and the purple in the black "rear out" socket.

If anyone can help me fix this I would really appreciate it, because the sound really takes away from the speakers.

You may try playing with your Computer's volume, turning it down and such.

But... That hiss is normal.

Every Pro Media does that.

Not sure about the 5.1's but the 4.1's v2-400 and the 2.1 's do.

sorry about that.

One thing that may help, did with me, is keep the speakers farther away from you, and dont have the Tweeter pointing directly at you. That also helps with the "harsh" high's that some complain about.

------------------

Living Room:

Yamaha Natural Sound A-500 Stereo Amplifier

2 Klipsch Heresys on A switch

2 Fisher STV-873 on B switch

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

what helped me was muting the microphone volume. try this turn the volume handle on your pro's all the way up don't play anything so have no sound coming out, you can hear the hiss right? now mute the microphone volume it cuts my hiss in half but i have a sb live value 4.1 so it might be a little different for you but try it anyways see if it helps.

------------------

bass beats melody

This message has been edited by deaf guy on 07-01-2001 at 02:45 PM

I dont think the hiss is normal, unless I just got very lucky. I've had a set of 2.1's for about 3 weeks now, hooked up with an almost 2 year old Diamond MX300 sound card and I can turn the volume all the way up when nothing is playing and I don't get even an ounce of hiss out of my speakers. Maybe there is a certain sound card that is causing the Klipsch's to hiss?

------------------

Brad

Legend Series KLF-20s and KLF-C7...still hoping to get the S6's someday!

Windstorm is right. mute all your controls including the main system sound one. then turn it the speakers all the way up. any hiss? if there is then that is interference from the power line and other sources near by. if you don't hear a hiss unmute the main system sound, and then from there start enabling controls until you find the source. good luck

I would test all these things right now.. IF i had my Pros..

my dad still has them Frown.gif REALY wish I hadnt broke his reciever.....

------------------

Living Room:

Yamaha Natural Sound A-500 Stereo Amplifier

2 Klipsch Heresys on A switch

2 Fisher STV-873 on B switch

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds