Looking for expert speaker upgrade advice.

mlh

I'm new to the world of Home Theater and it seems like many of you on this site are quite experienced. I bought some Klipsch speakers from a friend who was upgrading his system and now I would like to do the same. I have a pair of KG 4.5's as front speakers and a KV 1 for a center. I'm thinking of finding some KG 5.5's to be the fronts and using the 4.5's as rears. Also would a KLF C-7 work well with this set up or would there be a better way to go? My receiver is a Denon AVR 3801 and I also have an SVS 25-31 subwoofer. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks,

Mike

Ok, here is a few things I found about matching the KG-5.5's to a center; the Klipch site says this would be the perfect TIMBRE match for your 5.5's

http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=178

And then I found this as well on a Klipsch matching site;

http://www.audiocompaniet.no/matrix1.html

Both of these speakers I've seen on Ebay and would probably go with the KV-3 instead of the RC-3, but the choice is obviously up to you.

Hope I could help a bit.

And I'm no expert, I just went off of facts listed by Klipsch themselves.

mlh, welcome. I would recommend the KV-3 as the better center to use with your KG4.5's or 5.5's, should you buy them. I used a KV-2 with a pair of KG5.5's for years and it worked pretty well. I later bought a KLF-C7 and while it sounded OK, the C-7 overplayed the 5.5's, and was difficult to match well with the 5.5's.

Klipsch built the KV line of center speakers for the KG's. I recommend those, although there are others that you could try.

Good luck to you.

Keith

----------------

On 3/17/2004 3:43:41 AM T2K wrote:

mlh, welcome. I would recommend the KV-3 as the better center to use with your KG4.5's or 5.5's, should you buy them. I used a KV-2 with a pair of KG5.5's for years and it worked pretty well. I later bought a KLF-C7 and while it sounded OK, the C-7 overplayed the 5.5's, and was difficult to match well with the 5.5's.

Klipsch built the KV line of center speakers for the KG's. I recommend those, although there are others that you could try.

Good luck to you.

Keith

----------------

Thanks Keith. I currently have a KV-1. Is there a significant difference between a KV-1 and a KV-3? Also, how much should one pay for a KV-3 on Ebay?

Mike