Good CD Player?

Darren

OK, I'm pretty happy with my system now, except for the CD player. I'm running a 5 CD Sony Carousel I got from Best Buy about 3 years ago (probably about $150 at the time - can't recall the model number and I'm not at home right now). I'm using my Denon 2900 for SACD and DVD-A, but don't want to wear-it-out playing CDs, so still use the Sony. It does have the optical digital connected - no co-axel option.

What's a good multi-cd player to replace this one (quality wise, comparable to the Denon DVD player, if that makes sense)? I paid around $1,000 for the DVD player, would assume a good multi CD player can be had for $500 or less?

Thanks!

Man by looking at your equip list. I would recomend rotel. OR a single tray cambridge audio 540c. They sell that at spearitsound for 329. I don't know if that's the best price around but they are nice looking and i heard they are great for a warmer sound from your typical cold sounding dvdplayer, cd playback. I wouldn't go multi unless you wanted one of those jukebox things. Quality isn't going to be as good i wouldn't think. Less is better when it comes to sound. But i understand if you wanted the jukebox thing for a rec room or just so you don't have to change anything while your having fun. But if your sole purpose is for chilling in front of your stereo go single tray may be british. You could also look into one of those hard drive things. They store mp3's and your cd's that would be cool. As for multi players you could probally go with any. If you go single tray say cambridge audio with the wolfson dacs use ananlog interconnects.

Good advice. Just starting to look into this, and the juke-box option is starting to get some consideration. I do like the convenience of having more than 1 disc in the unit. I've also been happy with the Rotel equipment and know they have good CD player, but don't want to look too brand loyal (other than on speakers of course).

I just noticed your sign-off "EVERYBODY IS SOME KIND OF JUNKY" Man, how true that is and some habits are more expensive than others!

----------------

On 3/17/2004 3:59:22 AM wheelman wrote:

....But if your sole purpose is for chilling in front of your stereo go single tray may be british. ----------------

did you just use "british" as a negative slang term? cause...if so....giggle....I'm totally stealing that...

:P

9.gif