Onkyo 501 or Denon 1604

tonysrs

I am need of a quick decision. It has now come down to the Onkyo 501 or the Denon 1604. I really can't find any differences in them besides i can get the 501 for $182 shipped or the 1604 for $222 shipped. How is the sound with the onkyo? I will be powering Klipsch Rf-15's, rc-25, and a dayton 10" sub. Will it be brighter/warmer/or neutral than the denon or are they similar?? Thanks in advance......

If you're buying the Denon mail order, you probably will void the manufacturer's warranty whereas Onkyo is more liberal in this respect. Either way, you aren't paying very much $$ for a receiver so I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Great thanks for the help guys. I am going to go with the onk just for the fact it is $40 bucks cheaper. I was afraid it was really going to make the Klipsch brighter than they already are (not that I don't love the sound and dynamics but that horn can get over-bearing. Looks like I will put that money towards a touch pad remote.....

I owned the onkyo and it is really nice for hometheater. One of the best down right brutal when metal bends and twists on the movie terminater 3. But with music it was a different story kind of week in the lows and mids more top heavy. A tad bright which was nice i thought for movies, but with music i didn't really care for it. Except music that was in pcm stereo was great. Go figure. It has really nice features can't really go wrong with it for the price unless you listen to alot of cd music and it really isn't bad it's just what i said above. I think the denon 1801 is a tad to laid back for movies in the highs, but in away is better for music, but i heard tad bit of harshness in the midrange instead of the highs with the onkyo. Nothing is perfect at that price although i am still looking. I liked them both respectively. I love harmon but quality control issues are outstanding. Plus the little quirks that come with them. Still in my opinion worth the hassle.