New Home Theatre 17X17

chris b

Anyone own RSX-5's (Satellites)? I was thinking of 4 of those Front and rear and 1 RC-25 for center and 1 RW-12. Kind of like a Klipsch cinema 10 wih a change on the sub and center. Was told NAD T 753 or Dennon Reciever will work well with Klipsch but I see no mention of NAD Amps on this site for Home Theat or 2 channel forum.

Avman sells Klipsch in his store, and he loves the rsx-5's. There are only a few members here with them, as they are a fairly recent product. I have no experience with Nad, but I have heard Hk receivers with lascala's and Denon paired with rf3II's. Most decent quality receivers today do a much bettter job than previous generations, with regards to power and reliability. Find a store that has a few different ones close to you and play around with the remotes, and all the features and functions. That way you can get a better feel of what you like / dislike. I run a Marantz receiver, and I find that it does fine for me, especially at the price.

thanks mike. the rsx's and rcx center do sound great,especially for sat speakers. we are running 4-rsx5's/1-rcx center and a rsw-10.they are hooked up to a yammy rxv-1400(center rear coming soon).

btw-i ran a pair of klf-30's/c-7 ctr/ksp-s6 surr/ 2 ksw-15's off a thx-marantz pre/pro and 5 channel amp combo. it was incredible! i had a marantz receiver about 4 yrs ago that would convert component to s-video! i like the marantz,too bad it doesn't get more exposure.

avman.

EDIT:

you should use the rcx-4 center w/the rsx sats.

jmo-

av.

Hey

I have that system , Almost ( Look Bellow this post ) It sound great , Turned up is as clear and crisp as is when it is turned down . I dont sell this stuff or anything , Our family have been buying Klipsch product for over 20 years , Its all good stuff ,

For me i dont need that extreem music pounding any more , If i want that ill go to my brothers His stuff __ 2 rsw_12 , 1 rc7 , 4 x rf7 and 2 rs7 and 2 hershies, The house just shakes .

PS. This setup is also very loud if i want it to be , i can make my room rumble , its 15 x 20, If you want to crank up the volume i suggest you go to the floor model speakers that Klipsch has.

Sorry for the test, didn't know if this room was locked down also. My recently new La Scalas took up so much floor space I had to do something. One week ago I bought a pair of rsx-5's and the rcx-4 to replace a pair of klf-20's and a klf-c7. Now some may laugh at this, but as avman pointed out in another thread, the difference is not as great as you might imagine coupled with a sub.

I am extremely pleased with these and may get two more 5's for surrounds to replace the current rs3ii's, but gotta listen some more for that change out. HT is not really my main concern but these do the job fine for me anyway, and sound great also in 5-channel stereo. For now go with the rcx-4 as the center.

p.s. I paid full retail at a local dealer to build some rapport and the manager is already dealing with me on two more 5's and a sub, so don't always count out your local dealer.