6.1 or 7.1

Indians724

i would suggest that room SHAPE has more of a bearing on 6.1 vs. 7.1 than room size.

if your room is wide and not too deep, then the two speakers in the rear for 7.1 make sense,as they both do the same thing at the same time at the same volume,and help cover a broad listening area. if the room isn't too wide,then 6.1 will sound the same as 7.1 for all intents and purposes,and save you the $'s from the extra speaker not needed.

JMO-

avman.

----------------

On 3/20/2004 12:28:08 AM Indians724 wrote:

ok.......so i have my new klipsch home theater set up and now im thinking about adding a rear center channel....but then i was thinking about adding another set of ss-3's and just making 7.1.....what would be the best way to go 6.1 or 7.1.......
----------------

I'm not trying to start a war here, but I'm going to offer a suggestion simply as "food for thought". If going w/ the 7.1 setup, I would look at some bookshelf speakers instead of the SSs. Bookshelves behind make a little more sense than the SSs because the sound doesn't need to be distributed around the room, it just needs to be fired at you, much in the same the fronts simply need to be fired at you.

As far as 6.1/7.1 goes, if you go w/ bookshelves you'll probably have to buy two anyway. If you go w/ the SSs I would stick w/ 6.1 to reduce the amount of "blurring" from the rear. (The SSs are going to interfere w/ each other significantly more than the bookshelves will.)

$0.02,

John