Best method for speaker shipping

TauRus

Guys, looks like I will have to relocate soon internationally. I am really worried for the safe transportation of the speakers. What do you think: is it beter to find original boxes for my RF3s and RB5s? In case i will not find those, how to better protect the speakers? I just dont see how I can throw them into the regular "shipper's" boxes. Thank you for the advice.

TauRus,

Congrats on your new adventure. I fully understand your concerns with movers. If your company is doing this for you, you should be covered by insurance.

One other way to ensure a safe move is to take the speakers/speaker to a Packing place and have them seal them up in good moving containers for you, and then when the move comes, just have the movers load your PrePacked containers for you. (peace of mind).

Either way I wish you the best. Where abouts you getting shipped off too?

Taurus, I have made 6 corporate relocations and the moving companies offer a crating service for "high value" large items. Last two moves, I had the speakers packed in movers cartons under my watchful eyes and then the crating company came in and built individual crates for the speakers. Works great and not a bump or scratch. Check with your mover to see if they offer the service. Good luck on your move.

The only safe way to ensure your loudspeakers arrive without a blemish is to make sure that all edges and corners have at least two to three inches of Styrofoam protection. I shipped my super-sensitive walnut-oiled Cornwall 1, with B2 crossovers, with sheets of Styrofoam, obtained at Home Depot in the housing insulation department, taped to all of the sides. Then I wrapped and taped them in sheets of cardboard, to form a box.

The other safe way is move them yourself, seat belted in the back seat of your car.2.gif

Original boxes work real well....but if these boxes have been damaged...you may want to look at a packing place...as they have large boxes..and the foam stuff in plastic bags that form to shapes....

Good luck

Thank you all guys for your responses. I am still evaluating a few options related to my move. There is a possibility that instead of shipping the speakers I will have to sell them all. The reason is that I am moving internationally and am really concerned not only about the shipping part per say but customs as well. Anyway, should I decide to sel them (RF-3s (2), RC-3II (1), RB-5II (2)), I will post the note here.