removing la scala tweeters

pdmnz99

Assuming it is just stuck from the pressure of the former screws. Gently take a putty knife around the horn where it comes in contact with the enclosure. I think you will find it should gently pop off afterwards. (I have never encoutered any glue or sealant so if others know any difference please chime in.)

hi tom

thanks for the replies. didn't think it was glued in but just wanted to make sure before i applied a flamethrower to it (that pic was a hoot...lol) although i was thinking along the lines of a 12-pound sledgehammer which we use as the first point of reference to deal with stubborn articles down here in the antipodes)9.gif

Stick the butt end of a hammer into the hole on the front of the speaker and hit it as hard as you can with another hammer 9.gif

Then replace the tweeter with a JBL 2404h and talk to john warren or q-man about a new cross over.2.gif

If you have your heart set on keeping the old tweeter then gently twisting it from side to side while holding onto the magnet should break it loose.

I had the same problem getting mine out , till i figured out they just needed a bit of muscle to break them loose.