NAD C320BEE integrated amp

Shock-Late

Just bought this little cheap NAD C320BEE amplifier and after one month I have to say it beats every SS amp I've had driving my LaScalas so far (including Musical fidelity A100X, Musical Fidelity Typhoon, Technics SEA5, NAD monitor series 1300 pre and 2600 amp). At least for the kind of music I listen to.

This little amp is INCREDIBLY powerful, detailed, and the bass hits you full on. Timbre and ambience are also excellent, and the sound stays clean even at volumes where your walls and windows beg you to stop (not even mentioning your ears).

i recommend it for anyone who owns picky Heritage series speakers and doesn't have the money for a MacIntosh...2.gif

Damn good budget Amp...warm and smooth for its price with good Bass respomse.

But surprising that it sounded better than the A100. That is an excellent Class A amp !

When i upgraded the only amp which i felt was a worthwhile upgrade from it. as far as value for money goes was the Sugden A21a at around 5 times its Price as far as SS amps go !!!

But if you do like tubes...try comparing it even with the entry level Jolidas (At Twice the price)

Yep, that A100X was probably a better amp for classical music, being smoother and warmer. But then classical music is only about 10% of what I listen to; and my biggest critical against that amp was that when watching a movie, the midrange was so laidback that I often couldn't understand the dialogues clearly.

Plus I have flatmates who like to crank up the volume (me too) and I was always afraid I would come back home and find my amp burned out...

I think the little NAD is more reliable. And... it has a remote :o)

I bought it new for 400 euro, so it's also the cheapest amp i ever bought. Good deal!

Now going to upgrade my crossovers ;o)