Always have to increase front channel volume...

TIbor

Why is it every time I run the dve disc to the full bandwidth pink noise, I always have to increase the level to the front l + R to 75 db. Is it that they are breaking in since they are new? I put the reciever to a level of -15 each time too? The level is at 7.5 now?

Thanks

Are you saying that one of your say left and right mains need to be louder? IF so this could be caused by room interaction like one speaker being closer to a corner can boost the decibels. I have the same thing with one surround and one main. Not exact. I do it by ear so i really need to get one of those radio shack meters. Every receiver i try has a different effect on it to. Some are closer than other. That is a good question

I set my speakers all to 75db about two weeks ago, they are all dead on w/ the spl meter. They I checked them again w/the spl meter while using dve setup disc. And I needed to increase the lft and rt channel volume by a few db each. This is the secnd time I had to do so. My question is are the speakers breaking in, and this is why I need to readjust them

Hope that helps

A couple of things could be happening. If you use your receiver's internal test tones, you will get a different reading than if you are using a Set-up disc like DVE. The Set-Up disc goes from the source, to the receiver and out to the speakers. The Receiver Just goes straight from the receiver to the speakers. Second, your receiver might have different settings for different soundfields (for instance stereo could be set at +2dB, and ProLogic at -2dB) and your receiver memorizes the different settings. This is a good thing. I have my sub at a different level for Movies than for Music. If neither of these is the case, I don't know why it would do that. Of course, I don't go back and check my SPL levels every day. Another thing that could contribute is ambient noise in your house. Maybe the refrigerator is running in the other room and the SPL meter is picking up on that (for example)???