klf-20 vs. rf-3

dcelov

I recently purchased the rc3 center and now want to dump my Bose 901s for some Klipsch front speakers. I'm

running an Adcom 200 wpc amp through a Denon 3300 av receiver. I realize that the rf3s are recommended for matching with the rc3 center but people are really discounting the klf20s now. Any thoughts or comments on my scenario?

dcelov - Have you listened to both the RF-3 and KLF-20s to see which one you like best? I realize that the 20's are being discounted, but you're going to have to live with your purchase for a while, and the savings will long be forgotten if you don't care for the sound. Personally, I love the sound of the 20's, but you need to decide that for yourself.

If you like the 20s, do you have the option to return the RC-3? If so, return it, get a credit, and buy the 20's. Then watch Ebay, Ubid, or even the retail outlets for a KLF-C7 to match your 20s. (There's a C7 on the www.audiogon.com classifieds right now...$360).

Doug

This message has been edited by dougdrake2 on 07-03-2001 at 01:45 PM