New updated HT pics

whadyasay

Hello All,

Just got a new digital camera and I'm learning how to use it, so I figured I'd post some pics of my humble setup. I had posted pics a while back, but I've rearranged a few things and upgraded a few others. Sorry for the flash flares (again, I'm learning).

The first is the full frontal.

post-13799-13819253642074_thumb.jpg

Actually, the 32" TV is just right and plenty large for where I sit (about 7" away). The photo doesn't do it justice, as it is an HDTV and looks fabulous with progressive component output straight from the DVD player in 16x9 mode. Things are really packed in pretty tight (NYC apt.), so anything bigger would be a problem to fit, so the 32" is splenty.....until I can afford to mount a 42" plasma on the wall!! :)

Good looking setup, my wife would hate the remotes. Five almost too many for me to handle. My rcv remote will work everything except the fisher CD player. Well, it will turn it on and off and will do everything except "random" play but the fisher remote does not do that either. Yes, I know that is very lazy.

The radiator heaters work? If so, do you hang a small can of water behind them? We did that in college. Helped to keep the air from getting so dry.

Thanks, everyone. I didn't even realize I left all the remotes out...one of the advantages of the single life, I guess. There have been a few times when I've gotten a phone call, and suddenly I'm playing 'whack-a-mole'. The rack is a pretty cheap mdf thing I got a while back as a floor model from a PC Richards when I was moving into my last apt. It was used there just to hold my computer sound equipment and other things, as I do a lot of film editing and sound design from my own sytem. Since I have a little more space for my computer system in my new apt., I didn't need the rack for it, so I re-appropriated it to the sound system (I had a simpler setup before, with a plain wooden shelf holding only three components).

I would caution about using this rack. First, the shelves will only hold up to about 35 lbs each max, and that's pushing it as they start to bend downwards. Luckily, the only heavy piece is my amp, which resides below the bottom shelf on a platform I made, even though the Denon 2200 and Cambridge CD player are up there in weight, combined. The preamp doesn't weigh much, so it's okay. Secondly, you only have about 15.5" of useable depth on each shelf, so many receivers may be close to impossible to wire or access in the back (especially Harmon Kardons...and forget CD changers). I was actually looking to replace the rack, but anything wider than this (about 19.6" wide) would force me to place the left speaker even farther out (right where my bed is...studio apt. here, people), and I didn't like the alternative with the speakers so close to the TV. So all this stuff fits like a jigsaw puzzle, hopefully without looking excessively cluttered (it actually does, a little..). If you're still interested in the rack, here's what seems to be the equivalent:

http://www.racksandstands.com/asp/show_detail.asp?sku=TC0022&catid=4

It's actually a semi-hollowbody....a Gibson ES-335. I play mostly blues, semi-pro in a band that plays the NY/NJ area. All I really listen to is jazz, though, and yes, with the right pre-pro/amp setup, the Klipsch's really do bring out a lot, especially well-recorded live sessions. The detail and atmosphere of well-recorded/mastered acoustic Jazz performances are pretty-much my measuring stick when it comes to my sound system. Some of the recent SACD's I've gotten are phenomenal, including the Telarc sampler and a few John Pizzarelli albums I've gotten. I understand all the Jazz theory (musically speaking) and can dabble in it here and there, but I just haven't spent the time playing it that I'd like to, so electric blues is as close as I get.