Sub upgrade KSW-10 to KSW-15 for RF-3 II's

HansHurt

Hi, I just picked up a pair of RF-3 II's, and a pair of RB-5 II's the other day, and am very happy with them; the only problem now is my KSW-10 just doesn't seen to perform well with this set-up. I can't afford the reccomended woofer (RSW-10), but my retailer has given me the option of exchanging the 10" for a KSW-15 @ $450.00 minus $230.00 for the KSW-10...within my budget. The other option would be going with the RW-10 for $575.00.

So basically it comes down to a KSW-15 and save a few bucks or a RW-10.....if the RW-10 is noticeably better than the KSW-15 than I don't mind shelling out the extra cash, if not, and the 15" is a good fit, then I'll go that way.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I would say you would be much happier w/ the rsw series..I had the ksw12 and it was very boomy. But you must work within your budget. The ksw15 will be a huge improvement from the ksw10.

Either choice w/ make a much needed addtionan to your setup. The svs subs are very nice to but I think the svs's start around around 500 for the smaller powered ones.

Good luck

The RSW would be nice, but it is out of my price-range now, and probably later as well. It really does come down to the RW-10 or KSW-15 at this point. It is all contingent on the return value of the 10" helping me out with the upgrade, otherwise I would go SVS.

Hans, you would be better off not buying Svs if you are canadian, as you have monetary exchange, shipping and taxes to consider above and beyond the cost of an Svs. You would be better served by looking at brands here, such as Paradigm, polk audio, jbl, velodyne and the like. But this is getting off the original topic of the Ksw 15 vs. the rw 10.

Normally that would be the case, but I get items sent to a shipping receiver in a small town 5 min. from me across the border in Washington...saves me brokerage, and extra shipping fees. You're right though, even after all that, it might not be worth it.

As far as the other models go, unfortuantely, the retailer that is doing the exchange only carries Klipsch, and Jamo subs.

I had the KSW-15 before upgrading to the RSW-12. I was happy with the KSW, but it can get a bit boomy on music (I would turn it down for music and back up again for DVD). Don't know about the RW series, but they advertise that they approach the quality of the RSW's for less money. Any chance you can demo both?

Actually, I can, and will demo both.

So for DVD's the KSW did well?

I wouldn't worry so much about this, but whatever I choose between the two it's going to be a final sale b/c the sub I am exchanging was bought almost 2 months ago...well beyond their normal return time.