Proper positioning of RP-3's

SLK

SLK:

The RF-3's are not differentiated as far as left or right. Position them so when you are in the main listening area you are looking "down the throat" of the horns. The horns radiate in a 90 x 60 degree pattern.

PhilH

Keith,

Yes, I was referring to the powered subs on the RP-3's. I would think that the subs should face each other with the listener in the middle, but not sure as the owners manual is non-specific.

SLK, I personally have the subs in my powered towers pointed away from my TV.Although I do not recall the wording of the owners manual of my Klipsch speakers the suggestions were basically to experiment.I also have powered towers in the rear and had one of the speakers in a rear corner and,boy howdy,did the corner really reinforce the bass.The best advice I can give you is to experiment with the speakers in your particular environment and to be careful to not set bass gain too high.Another,possibly more important thing to remember,do not pay any attention to the yahoo's that bad mouth powered towers.Evidently most are plug-and-players who didn't take the time to fully exploit the full potential of their powered towers.If you find eventually that you do not like the sound of your speakers,simply sell them and buy something else. Klipsch stamps out speakers everyday.Give em time dude!

Good luck and happy listening.

Keith

Keith,

Thanks for the input. As I am a victim of Ubid's ineptitude, I have only received one of the two speakers I won in their auction, so I have not had a chance to experiment with two speakers. I am looking forward to having the second speaker as I have been impressed with the first speaker I received. Once again,Thanks.

i would think it depends where the powered towers are placed. like if they're tucked in the far corners of the room you'd want the subs facing in. if the towers are in from the walls at least 3 feet then subs facing out. in theory they are subs & shouldn't have much directionality but in practice they do to a certain degree.

guess another thing to be experimented. just wouldn't put the subwoof facing a side wall less than a few feet

away. nobody's suggesting that are they? cwm35.gif

------------------

Klipsch KLF 30 (front), KLF C-7, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub woofer

Monsterbass 400 sub interconnect & Monster CX-2 biwire & Z-12 cable

Marantz SR-8000 receiver

Sony DVP-C650D 5-disk cd/dvd player

Sony Trinitron 27" stereo tv

Toshiba hi-fi stereo vcr

Technics dual cassette deck

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

Boa's Listenin Lounge:

Klipsch RF-3 (front), RC-3, cheap little Technics (rear)

Monster MCX Biwires

Sony STR-DE935 a/v receiver

Kenwood KR-9600 AM/FM stereo receiver (vintage 1975)

Russound AB-2 receiver switch to RF-3

Teac PD-D1200 5-disk cd changer

Technics SL-1950 turntable/AT LS500 cartridge

Sega Genesis game player

Sub: None yet

rock on!