Axiom Anyone???

deepmukherjee

Hello again!! I have been planning to buy myself a pair of RF-7s for some time now. A few days back, i visited www.audioreview.com and took a look at the reviews of the Axiom Mi80 floorstanding speakers, and the people have praised it like nutz. I have never heard them, and since they only retail online, I cant compare. Have any of u guys heard these axioms ? How are they compared to the RF-7s?? Any comments and views will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!!

How do they compare? Well lets start with the basics... The axioms have a claimed 95 db sensitivity in room @ 1 watt. The Klipsch rf7 has a sensitivity of 102 db with 1 watt.

This means that the axiom Mi80 need quadruple the input power to put out the same volume level.

The axiom features a power handling of 400 watts. The rf7 can handle 1 kw peaks.

The rf7 uses 2 10" long stroke woofers and a 1 3/4" compression driver attatched to a horn. The axiom uses two 6.5" woofers, two 5 1/4" midranges and two 1" tweeters.

Axiom audio is a sponsored merchant of audio review. Need I say more?

I also checked out axiom even snuck around their forum. Just to see what it was about. Sounds to me like they got a speaker that can't play rock and roll. And that my friend counts me out. One thing they do got is good customer service, but so does Klipsch. You see Klipsch can play rock and roll and jazz, blues, classical and anything you throw at them. That's a speaker i want. Welcome to the forum

To answer how they compare? They don't period. Sorry, but that is just as whacked as comparing apples to oranges. I'm sure that they do sound good, but cannot compare with Rf7's with respect to dynamics, power handling and output ability. A better comparison would be between the Rf35 towers and the Mi80 towers.

I agree with Mike too. They are in a different class. These Axioms could probably be compared to RF5s, not RF7s. Having said that, I do hear these speakers quite often, my buddy has them at home along with the biggest Axiom center channel speaker (forgot the number), and I believe he ordered their Q8s (not sure if that is the correct model number of their quadruple surrounds. Anyway, since he still does not have surrounds, I mostly listen to then in a stereo setup. I have to say they sound really good. Very solid speakers, they go quite low, have tight base, sufficient highs. I was especially impressed with the center channel speaker. Very articulate. What puts me off a little is their cheapie vynil finish. I understand Axiom tried to save on that, but when speakers deliver such nice sound and look like crap, that is not a decent combination. Klipsches, aside from being far better sonically, are also great looking speakers. I am particularly impartial to Cherry finish. My local dealer has RF7 Cherry in their demo room, so once in a while I go there and spend some time listening to them and dreaming of a day when I will be able to afford them :)