Pa 4000 to with little room or Pa 2000...

ekbriggs

Hi all I currently have the chance to get an Hk Pa 4000 and Pa 2000 at pretty heft discounts. As of now i have:

Hk Avr-525

(4) Rf-3's and an Rc-3 center

Polk psw505 (rear sub)

Velodyne FSR-18 (front sub)

I am currently using the 525 to power the center and 2 rear channels and a Pa 2000 to power the front speakers. My dilema arrives in the fact that:

1. I can get another pa 2000 to drive the rears (which itself will have plenty of room in my rack) and let the 525 just take the center for now....

2. I can get a pa 4000 and let it handle the center and the 2 rears...BUT my rack space has only 8" of clearence on top and the amp is 7 5/16" high but has unlimited clearance on the sides and front.

Thus, would it be worth the extra 150.00 to go to the PA 4000 and have all of my speakers on an amp, and if i did would it damage the amp to have so little top clearance? Or would it be better just to get another Pa 2000 to drive my rears and just let the 525 handle the center?

Thanks for any advice that is given.

-Eric

Thanks for the input. My pa 2000 runs what i would call barely warm when driving my fronts, though nowhere near as warm as the 525 tends to. However, the Pa 2000 and 4000 both are fanless while the 525 relies on one that i have only been able to cut on once, and that was after a few hours of hard listening when our home temp was reaching close to 80 after the ac failed (call it musical anger management). I have seen others with things stacked on top of their Pa 4000s and have not heard of problems but i appreciate the advice and will definately take it into deeper consideration.

-Eric