Utility for LCD Dead Pixel Detection

TauRus

i checked over 40 projectors for dead/stuck pixels VISUALLY. that worked for me,but it would be cool to find a 'test' for that. btw-dead/stuck pixels are RARE on Sony products because they use parrallel transistors for the pixels so if one goes out, the other takes over.what brand are you getting?

avman.

Thanks, Sakura :) Just downloaded the utility, will try it out later.

I own a couple of smaller LCD monitors from Princeton and HP and visually they have no dead pixels either. But with much bigger LCD TV, I just want to know for sure.

Btw, if anyone is in the market for a medium size LCD TV, I would like to suggest to take a closer look at Sceptre 30" on sale at Costco web site for much under $2K. Although I have yet to see this baby, it does sound like a great deal. And in the worst case, I can always drop it off at the nearest costco store.

----------------

On 4/3/2004 5:06:21 PM wrench_peddler wrote:

Hey Avman, I have a dead one in my HS-20. Should I get it fixed or live with it? You can't see it if you are 5 or 6 feet back.

----------------

live with it,sony does NOT warranty one dead/stuck pixel,and if they did,you still may have other 'complications from surgery' that could be worse than one pixel being out(unless you watch it from 4-5ft.away ;) )

avman.