center channel

BruinsFan

if you are considering putting a speaker on a stand,get the better sounding floor-stander!!

it takes up roughly the same space,but the full-sized floor speaker sounds better,and is more stable.

there is quite a difference between rf-5 vs. rf-7.

the rf-7 has a 1.75"tweeter,where the rf-5 has a 1" tweeter.IMO-the difference in mid/high sound is at least as pronounced(maybe moreso)than the difference in bass!(especially w/a rsw-12,which is a great sub,btw.)

besides,if you get the rf-7,you won't want/wonder what the rf-7 would have been like.get the BEST,you won't regret it!

avman.

Moon, doesn't the tapered array design interfere with RC7 functioning as a main or surround speaker? Just curios. As far as I know, and I may be wrong, tapered array design is implemented on Center channels speakers only to emphasize frequencies within the normal human voice range. If main and surround speakers do the same, wouldnt that affect the frequency response?

You very well could be right, I've heard that before. I just know what I heard and what I head sounded damn good. Let the subs pick up the rest. 9.gif

I do plan on further investigating the crossovers for these. Since I'm using them as surrounds, I would be very interested in talking with some Klipsch techies about a different crossover, if a different crossover is even needed.

Underhanded Pinguin posted some information about woofer horn woofer designed speakers, they were saying that this arrangement actually makes for a great home theater speaker. This has nothing to do with crossovers, but still the driver/horn layout is supposed to be very good...