Denon 2803 and surround back channel setting?

TIbor

Hi

There are a few setting for my receiver for the center rear

Off.

Non mtrx-same signals those of the surr channels are output from the surronf back channels

Mtrx on-surround back channell is reproduced using digital matrix processing

normal off No playback through surrond back

normal on- surruond back channel is reproduced using digital matrix proccessing

My question is when watching a 6.1 discrete movie which setting should it be on?

How bought 5.1 which one?

Prologic?

Thanks

Well, I think I'll stick to my 1st answer then, although Matrix on and Normal on don't seem to be any different.

Again, I'm just guessing, but I'd bet that Normal on only plays when something is encoded (either discreet or matrix) for 6.1, whereas Matrix on will play anytime.

All I can suggest is to try different movies, like ones you know have 6.1 and ones you know don't have 6.1, try the different settings, and listen to see if anything is coming out.

Also, if I was in your shoes, I'd email Denon, and see what they have to say about it.

The problem with a lot of these manuals is they were originally written in Japanese, then translated to English. That's what people mean when they say "Lost in Translation." 1.gif

They said to stick it on mtrx on. That is what I have it on anyway...Although her explaination between matrx on and normal on. Did seem real good. I think she said they saound alittle different. I will just have to test and listen through time

Thanks