PB2 Owners ........

cjgeraci

Photography tip:

if you have a good digital camera, overexpose a shot like that (where a dark/non reflective area is the subject is the focus of the picture), a full stop, and you will get more contrast. As it is, the camera is averaging out the whole shot to keep the wall from washing out, but the wall is not important.

Other than that, very cool. I bet you could also rotate it so the amp was facing upwards, it would look even cooler. Hell, buy another one and stack two of them!

----------------

On 4/8/2004 11:07:17 PM maxxbot wrote:

I would like to try that with my PB2+, how do you do that? When I looked at it it appeared to be glued on, I don't want to have to go through a lot of trouble if I want to put it back on.

----------------

It is not glued on. It is really easy. Turn the sub on its side. Remove the round pads with a screwdriver or other flat device (they are simply cushioned pads self-stuck on). Underneath, you will see large phillips screws. I recommend using a larger phillips screwdriver. Simply unscrew the six or so long screws. The base plate will then simply come off along with small spacers in between that also come out. Store the screws, baseplate and spacers for later on and just try it out and see what you think.

You will love the look of the silver + drivers. At one point last year, a fellow SVS owner posted that Tom & Ron contemplated coming up with an optional grille for those for want to take the base plate off. I recently e-mailed Tom to ask they ever gave it further thought. My guess is it was not a top priority since there are more important things to do (like help fill the flood of SVS orders, get the new plant up running, etc.)

Kenratboy. Thanks for the photo tip. My camera is advanced enough for that capability, but I was in a hurry. You are also right. You can lay the PB2 on its side longways (with ports facing to the side) like I have done. The more popular approach (from prior posts and pictures) appears to be laying the PB2 up on one end, the SVS logo end, (with the ports firing upwards). That somewhat reduces the overall footprint of the unit. I thought of that but then I could not have stacked the two subs. 1.gif

Carl.

The following was Tom's response:

"We've been working on a grille kit for the PB-2s for a while now.

Unfortunately it is taking much longer than we had ever hoped. (this is

partially due to the ever increasing amount of orders we are trying to fill

daily---which we don't want to complain about..:). Anyway, hopefully we'll have something we can offer you in the next couple of months...

Tom V.

SVS"

I know it has been said over and over again. But, I just have to say it again.

Top notch customer service, superior products, at reasonable prices. SVS.

Carl.

Good luck. I am sure the SVS crew will help you trouble-shoot it.

The more I listened to stuff this weekend, the more I concluded that the jury is still out (in my opinion) as to the benefits of running the PB2 as a forward-firing sub (vs. downward-firing). Some songs it sounded better on, some songs not.

The nice thing about the removable baseplate is that I can always put it back later on this week and run the traditional stack again, without much hassle.

Carl.