Dolby Digital From ProMedia 5.1

Maynard

quote:

Originally posted by Tabbycatt:

...and he informs me that the XP will soon be supporting DTS-ES, Dolby Digital-EX, and Prologic 2 by utilizing the headphone output as a dual rear center.

but the headphone jack is on the front of the box! i want a gtxp and the promedia 5.1's but that would really bother me :P oh well i'll deal with it... i really think they should re-make the box so there's another output on the back though Smile.gif

*drools at the thought of a 7.2 system using the 5.1 pros and the 2.1 pros and the GTXP*

oh man....

anyways, so PowerDVD is going to get DTS decoding? cool! Will they offer an upgrade to WinDVD that works with that combo?

Also, how would stereo music work with that? are any drivers for six channel gaming coming out for the GTXP? What about EAX, would that be workable with that 7.2 system? And where would you plug your headphones into?

------------------

"Feh."

About the upgrade to the GTXP...How is it available, via driver updates? And Wetard brought up a good point about the headphone jack being on the front of the XP, I'm not too familiar with the card other than what I've been reading in the forums and a few reviews I've read on other sites, but how would this effect 5.1 output? Regarding the "DTS-ES and DD EX version" version of PowerDVD, is it just an upgrade available to the 3.0 software and what exactly do the -ES and EX extensions mean?

Thanks

Shea