Taking apart a K-77

greg928gts

The black horn part of the K-77 looks like it's made with two pieces, the very outer part that makes the horn, and just behind that, the round part that the magnet and diaphram attach to. It looks like there is a joint between those two pieces. Do they come apart? I'd like to remove and re-attach just the outer horn part, how do I do that? I tried prying, tapping, and turning. Nada.

Greg

Yes, I guess I should have been more descriptive. I took the 4 screws out and the magnet and diaphram came off easily. Now I'm left with the black colored pieces that don't seem to want to come apart.

I also don't understand how the leads of the diaphram attach to the terminals. They appeared to be just sitting in the "wells" of the inside of the terminals without being soldered. Any help here would be appreciated.

Greg

I have the breakdown of the K-77 & K-77m horn and the instructions on how to replace the diaphragm plus special notes. Klipsch Tec. support e-mailed them to me. They also sent me a electrical diagram on how to bild a fusible link to keep me from blowing my AL La Scala's.