Klipsch RF series RF25, RC25, RS25, & RW10

MVklipsch

I need help with theses speakers. If anyone of you has this package let me know because the speakers seem to be not performing as well. Maybe its just me.

I have a Denon AVR3803 and attached these speakers with Monster cables and connectors. I am not bi-wiring so (but plan on doing it if it would make a big difference). Somehow, my sounds for the high frequency is not that sounding as clear as it should be. What is wrong with it? Do i need more wattage? My Denon gives out 110watts/ channel at 8ohms.

The reason why I am question this or needed help with the setup is that when listening to my cousins speakers, it sounded great with high frequency that is clear and sharp. Sorry that I am new to this and just went ahead and bought the system without really done my research but I did do research for the Denon and I know this is a good product. Just not sure whether the speakers I got is a good compatiable for the AV receiver. Please help, I will able to provide you any question you can ask. This is all I can think of unless there is speicfic question that is asked that I can never think of.

Thanks much. Please respond for those who knows alot because I need help.

Do I need an amp or Equalizer?

Ok ... some people will say that this is BS but ... are your speakers new out of the box & your cousin's have been used fo some time? Let your spekers get broken in some, especially the woofer's rubber mounts not too sure on the horn's comp-driver. The Denon is a good match for the reference series but I'm happy with my Yammi which some say is too bright. To my ars it's just right! Hope this helps some.

peace, mitch

JB,

My cousin's speakers are used and mine are new out from a box. I had it for about 3weeks. Should it be broken in already? Also, What is your wattage for you Yammi. My Denon gives out 110watts/per channel, continously thru. out 7 channels at 8 ohms. Somehow the high frequency (treble) are not that sharp and clear. Please help.

thanks for replying5.gif

MV .... 3 weeks? Mere nbabes, give 'em another 5-6 weeks minimum. IMHO. My Yammi is 75wpc in 2-ch, 5.1 & 5-ch. stereo..... or will be when I can upgrade past 2-ch. Have you tried to up the treble on the receiver? Oh, what gaug wire? 16? 12? Could be that.

peace, mitch

I'm using the monster Cables. The White ones...not sure what guage though. How can I tell? It seems pretty thick though.

Yes, I tried adjusting the treble to the max and still not so clear and sharp. Seem that there is something missing. Do I need the extra amps or equalizer?

U could try different cables. Go to RadioShaft, get a spool of their 12ga wire and screw on gold-plated banana plugs & DIY. Also, see if yr cuz will let you try yur Denon on his/her speakers. Good sound on his .... maybe bad connectors/cable. REMEMBER, Monster not always = great cables/sound. I now defer to the experts.

peace, mitch

Did you get speakers from authorized dealer?

What is your source material you are using to compare to your relatives system?

Also room acoustics will play a small part in the sound....

Too hard to say without hearing them.....

----------------

On 4/16/2004 4:52:44 PM MV wrote:

what cables are good? Can you tell me? What brand are you using?

----------------

RadioShaft 12ga speaker wire & RadioShaft gold-plated screw-on bananas DIY cables. About $20-25 total with 30' of extra ccable still left.

I've got the reference all around. It takes some getting used to. I've heard some +- about denon. Do some searching on this site re: denon. The rw10 sub is not as boomy as I like, but look on the site for more info. Sorry I can't be more specific. Otherwise, I love these speakers!

rob

FYI I just bought some RF 7 s and the monster cables I am using are the M80s that Bi-wire. I have had no problem, I use the Yammy RX-V 1400 110 X 7ch. The wires cost me about $80 for the pair center about $50. Im not an expert here thats for sure, but i know you have the 4 connections on each speaker, did you take the jumpers off? Make sure you have it connected properly.

Hey Skidmore,

I do use the Monster cable but Klipsch Tech Support told me not to take the jumppers out if I am not using bi-wiring. I was thinking of getting the bi-wiring later when I get an Amp. with Current and voltage watts. Don't know much of it but will get into it.

So, where did you buy the Biwiring from. Was it that cheap. M80 bi-wires. One end is two connectors and the other end for speakers are four right.

I don't thing it is out of phase. I specifically connect my connector to the right positive and negative. How should it sounds if it is put of phase. Would the volume kick in? It sounds great just that my treble seems to be not so clear. Like not at high pitch.