Raising Quartets??

Tenhet

I've been thinking about breeding my Quartets...start my own heard.

But seriously...upon suggestions from one of the knowledgeable members here of "centering my mains and center" closer to my TV. I have been wondering about raising my Quartets off the floor to get them more in line with my center. I have been thinking about buildig a stand/box to place them on. This box would be made so to fill with sand or material to make them heavy and solid. My main concern however is will I loose any bass from raising them off the floor?

I would like some opinions before I spend the hours building the stands out of high quality materials.

Please see the attached photos I attached in the topic "speaker placement suggestions wanted"

Thanks,

Scott

------------------

Front - Quartets (Walnut oil)

Center - KG1.2v (Walnut oil)

Rear - Optimus (haha)

Receiver - Marantz SR-680 (upgraded from Denon AVR-810)

CD - Denon DCM-320

Tape - Denon DRW-850 (soon to be back in the box)

MD - Sony MDS-JE330

DVD - coming soon

Sharp 27"

tenhet....I know people on this board have had good results with sand filled bases on other floor-standing models. If this base/stand your talking about is going to be attached to your Quartets and filled with sand you won't have any detrimental low frequency sound, and in all probability it will help, regardless of how high your woofer placement is. All that said it might be easier to just lower the placement of your center if at all possible. Good Luck....