RC-25 or SC-1

aramar

I am considering the RC-25 or the SC-1 for a center channel speaker. I have no front speakers as there is no room to place them. My TV sits in a cabinet above a fireplace with room underneath for a center channel. I don't want to use the TV speaker so which of the two provides the best solution?

I am also limited in space so the largest center channel can be no taller than 6.5".

not sure I've heard of someone running just a center channel. Are you planning on connecting it directly to the TV? I would suggest looking to a pair of small bookshelves such as the RB25s. They may still meet your requirement but also provide more flexibility and you could build out your HT from there as money/space permits.

But to answer your question - I would go with the RC25 - haven't heard the other one - but reference line overall is good. I listened to the RC25, RC35 and the RC7. Went with the RC7 but the other two did quite well.

Right now I just have a JVC but I'm headed toward the Denon 3800 series.

Unfortunately I don't have enough space on either wall as the area next

to the TV is all glass shelving and glass doors floor to ceiling.

What about using two RS-25 side by side under the TV. Two of these

would fit to give me stereo sound instead of mono from the center channel.

Would this be better?