Anyone know anything about a Sansui 9900z receiver?

milton10

I just found a Sansui 9900z receiver in MINT condition at the local thrift store. I paid $45 for it. It is rated at 165 watts per channel and has a nice sounding tuner section. Does anyone know anything about this unit? Was this a good deal, or was I taken? Right now, I am using it in my bedroom powering a pair of Dynaco A-25's.

I am not familiar with that particular model, but the 9090 model is a well sought after one, that commands high prices. Most of the per 1980 Sansui models were excellent sounding and highly made models. For 45 bucks you did well!

Take off the cover (4 screws) and get a can of compressed air (rat shack). Blow the insides out for dust. Good Luck!

Here is one that sold on Ebay recently for 165.00........hope this helps!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50596&item=3091720644&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

The 9090 is a nice vintage sansui receiver model circa 1980 or 1981. Not a bad tuner section or amp section. A lot of people prefer vintage japanese stuff from that era. If you ever decide you want to get rid of it, let me know. Until then, enjoy!