Proud new parent of RF-7s and Chorus IIs

texas42

Well, I couldnt' decide between the two so ended up with both. Haven't decided which to keep in the main system and which to relegate to a second system as both sound nice and have different attributes. I was surprised by the high build quality of the RF-7s (mine are in Cherry wood and finished on all sides, looks very nice). I will be using tube amps for 2 channel listening with the RF-7s and Chorus (Scott 299B and Cayin TA-30). In preliminary listening it seems like the Cayin mates better with the RFs and the Scott with the Chorus. I'm thinking it is because the Scott warms up the horn mid of the Chorus while the Cayin matches the analytical sound of the RFs. The RFs seem a bit heavier (taller and deeper) while the Chorus is wider. For those who haven't had any extended listening to the RF-7s, I highly recommend it. I discounted these for a long time as I really had issues with it not having a horn mid. However is it very accurate and projects a very good soundstage and depth. I understand a few are upgrading the crossovers in these and that might be a logical next step to realize their full potential. Oh well, back to the music..Sarah Brightman is in the other room and seems to be calling me....2.gif

I have to like a guy that can never decide what to buy so he always buy's both 1.gif It's great for the economy ! I am sure glad to see you decided to keep both the amps ! I bet the Cayin is a better fit on the RF-7's. I just finished switching out my Cayin on my Chorus speakers with a 299A and to me this combination sounds better even my 17 year old daughter said it did.

Craig

----------------

On 4/27/2004 7:14:20 PM TBrennan wrote:

Proud parent? What an odd way to express the purchase of consumer goods.

Today I became the proud parent of a tube of toothpaste, a toilet cleaning brush and a spankin' new one pound bag of Dunkin Donuts coffee.

----------------

Dunkin Donuts has their own coffee now?! I'll have to check that out.

Silly question, but where does one buy a bag?

----------------

Today I became the proud parent of a tube of toothpaste, a toilet cleaning brush and a spankin' new one pound bag of Dunkin Donuts coffee.

----------------

Congrats on the additions to your family!! Does the brush look like it's father?

9.gif