WinDVD 3.0 and Audio Tornado?

How would you use these to compliment one another? I mean how could you get a better audio experience when playing DVDs since WinDVD decodes Dolby 5.1 and DTS? Does one really need the Klipsch decoder if using software decoding with the 4.0s?

Merricus;

If your WinDVD decodes multichannel to a compatible four or five channel sound card, you will not need an outboard decoder. In that case, you would only get the Tornado if you want the convenience of the remote control.

-djf

ADS-...?

which one are you talking about? from what I've read botht he ADS-2000 and ADS-3000 only have stereo analog inputs, not 5.1 or even 4.0.

It would be nice if they did though, a simple DD & DTS external decoder WITH 5.1 analog inputs would be awesome.

Then again, if a lot of companies follow nVidia's example and include on the fly DD 5.1 encoding, you wouldnt need 5.1 analog inputs.

-Jit

Yeah, I was wrong on that. I've been looking for DTS decoders they've begun to run together. DTS-audio is hard to find.

Do you think the Nvidia's dolby encoding will be a lower fidelity? Seems like a big jump in terms of processing.

This message has been edited by rol1 on 07-09-2001 at 11:24 PM