speaker selector switch

ric

ok id like to run my rear surounds rs3ii for movies and use the RF3ii floor standers when i listen to music. what is the better speaker selector to use, and is there any trick in hooking it up?? thanks for the ear.

The one you already have on your receiver. Wire one pair to the 'A' speaker posts and the other to the 'B' posts. Use the front panel selector to choose 'A' or 'B'.

Keith

Ric

Do you have a separate receiver or preamp/amps for listening and another for HT?

If you have a single receiver, it is very easy.

For me, I use different sources for HT and listening. I have a Niles PS-1 phono selection switch to select between my Lexicon for HT, or McIntosh for 2ch Listening, to input into my McIntosh power amps driving my Khorn mains.

There are a lot of switching devices available, and we can help if you give a bit more info about your setup.

JM

i have a surround reciever (onkyo txsr701) running RF7s front and RC7 center.Id like to use the RF3ii for my dvd music,sacd,and use the RS7s for my movie watching.the reciever does not have an A/B buttons.,it does have zone two capability, but it wont let me use two sets of speakers for the same source.So i thought i might need a SPEAKER SELECTOR SWITCH,to use the speakers i need for each application. i hope i made it more understandable this time so any help would be appreciated. thanks for the ear. Ric.2.gif