Need to do something with my surrounds

lancestorm

I have a bit of a dilema.

My surrounds are two RF-3II's. The current problem is that the speaker stands so that when you are sitting on the couch the horn is about level with your ear in height. This is not a correct setup for a surround. I find that I don't really hear a significant amount out of the surrounds and I think it has to do with the couch blocking some sounds and it doesn't provide a surround-sound ambiance!

So the idea is to put the speaker up higher. I'm guessing lifting it about 2 feet off the ground would be ideal? Then tip it forward, having the horn pointing directly towards the couch where people sit? Well, if all that is true, how in the heck can I *do* that? I know of NO mounts that can hold that kind of weight. I'm willing to make some boxes out of wood from Home Depot for them to lay on. But I'm not sure how I can tilt it and ensure it doesn't fall off. And again I'm not sure what a proper setup (height, tilt) would be for a floorstander.

The speaker sounds are just too directional coming from a surround, and is actually distracting cause you have to listen for the surround to hear it...

I need suggestions ... 15.gif

that is a delima. I would suggest selling the rf3s and running RC7s. Smaller spread, not only that the horn is in between the woofers. i have the same problem. I'll be building new stands for them (or building someting in my walls) and tilting them down towards the seating area.

----------------

On 5/2/2004 4:50:07 PM m00n wrote:

that is a delima. I would suggest selling the rf3s and running RC7s. Smaller spread, not only that the horn is in between the woofers. i have the same problem. I'll be building new stands for them (or building someting in my walls) and tilting them down towards the seating area.

----------------

Re-reading this hours later I realize that I didn't say what I mean to say clearly.... Guess, what I'm trying to say is that... Eh.. nevermind. I need to be able to use hand jesters but obviously cant.4.gif